Sunday, September 13, 2015

A People's History of the U.S.

I read Zinn again, and it struck me that A People's History... isn't really a people's history; rather, it's another elite history, albeit one delivered from a critical perspective. Will it ever be possible to write a people's history? Mel Gibson has probably shown us about as good of an example of such as we can expect, given elite proclivity for destroying and altering source material. People's histories would necessarily be imaginary.

2 comments:

  1. How do you find the time and energy to re-read books? I always tell myself i will reread some, but never do - even though the list of good books is finite, usually there is always another option instead :(. Now I just have a lot of books with a lot of bookmarks / folded pages for later reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peer pressure. Also, broken computer.

      Delete